How to reset HP deskjet 3525 printer

My printer stopped working after first three months, it will boot up to the point showing HP logo and will get stuck there, After too many hops with service centers, because of the international warranty issue, finally I got it resolved today.

Earlier the technicians had told me that the logic board  needed to be replaced but I was not convinced. Today another technician visited my place and he showed me what was wrong. Due to voltage spikes or something the firmware or some stored data was corrupted and that needed to be reset. I didn't know how to reset the printer as it was not available in the support documents and that's what the technician showed me. Thought of sharing that with you.

Here is the trick.

  • Turn the printer off
  • Disconnect the power cord and wait for few seconds.
  • Connect the power cord
  • Press and hold the "Back" button and "Cancel" button and switch on the power for printer (wall switch)
     + + Power ON
  • You will get a "Reset screen"
  • Follow the instructions on screen
Hope this helps...

3 comments:

Old_Nash said...

Thanks man, you save me^^

pranav said...

Excellent information.I like the way of writing and presenting.
123 HP Deskjet 2548 Printer Setup

Vikram said...

I by mistake did semi-full reset on HP-3525 and after that I gets stuck with the msg saying 'Use SETUP cartridges ...'. As I don't have setup cartridges with me, pls tell me how to bypass it and bring the printer to working condition again.